Gummies Make SWEET Additions to Your Summer BBQs
The summers are known for their ability to bring families together and make memories in the warm sunlight with cookouts, pool parties and campfires. Typical cookouts and get togethers are filled with hot dogs and burgers on the grill, fresh fruit and corn on the cob. But are you looking for a way to sweeten up any of your summer time events?
Here are some tasty and unique treats that will have all your guests talking and craving for some more:
Sour Worm Popsicles
(an adaptation on the recipe found on amomstake.com)
These refreshing iced treats are so fruity and flavorful they will be an instant hit with all the party goers, plus they are super easy to make!
- Using miniature paper cups and popsicle sticks or popsicle molds, line the cups with the sour mini neon gummy worms.
- Fill the cups or mold with slightly diluted Hawaii’s Own Guava Strawberry Juice or punch.
- Freeze and serve.
Bears at The Beach
Besides being adorable, this beach scene if fun to make and tastes great! If you are looking to get the little ones helping you bake something, this is the recipe for you.
- Blue Jello
- Vanilla flavored custard or pudding
- Gummy Bears
- Gummy Sharks
- Tropical drink umbrellas
- Clear plastic cups
- Prepare Jello according to package instructions.
- Place a shark gummy at the bottom of the clear plastic cup and pour Jello on top.
- Refrigerate until completely set.
- Prepare custard or pudding according to package instructions.
- Spoon some custard/pudding on top of one side of the Jello to make the “sand.”
- Add a few gummy bears onto the sand and insert a decorative umbrella.
Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Sugar Cookie Mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 36 patriotic gummy star candies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg just until a dough forms.
- Scoop and roll dough into 36 (1-inch) balls; space about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using thumb or forefinger, make a deep indent in the center of each cookie. You want the indent to be as deep as possible without making a hole in the bottom of the cookie. Transfer baking sheets to fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes to firm up dough.
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes until nearly done. Lightly press 1 gummy patriotic star candy into the indent of each cookie, then bake cookies another 2 minutes until gummy is fully melted and cookie is set.
- Cool cookies 3 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, heat white chocolate chips in microwave on high for 1 minute; stir, then heat in 15-second intervals, stirring after each, just until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer mixture to a re-sealable plastic bag and snip off one edge. Drizzle white chocolate over fully cooled cookies. Allow icing to set completely before serving.
So whether you are wanting a simple treat from any of our sweet gummy selections or if you want to be adventurous and try something different, we are always here to provide you with the newest and freshest gummy candies!